Thursday, July 22, 2010

ROOTS....

Been thinking about them lately. There's still a little flicker of a flame left somewhere deep, i can feel it from time to time. Funny how life throws shit at you & changes everything. About 4 years ago i had everything I've ever owned from the time i was born till now stolen from me in a tight ass locked down security storage unit with a privacy pass code only fence around it. Must have been an inside job or a hired gun by my Ex-wife who generally hated anything that made me..ME. I had every issue of BMX Plus & Ride BMX
from 95 to 2006 i believe. I'm a magazine hoarder, I won't throw'em out. My 2 BMX were in there,i would still be ridin'em around. I had the Hoffman TAJ
& after he left the team they basically still sold the frame but changed the name to DEEBO. I bought the DEEBO
cause i cracked the TAJ frame going down a little ass handrail I've done a million times, couldn't believe after the shit i put it through it cracked on that one. Taj was my hero. Got to chat with him a few times in Austin, once at the MTV sports & music festival (the first one i think)in Zeilker park. that was a bad ass time. Got to see White Zombie, Blink 182, Wu-Tang Clan, Everclear, Offspring i can't remember who else? The other time i was riding down Guadalupe street near UT & he was walking with a flat tire so i rode along & drilled him with all kinds of stupid questions but he was the fuckin coolest dude about it. I haven't rode since '02. You wanna know how bad of shape your in? trying doing that shit after all the booze & cigarettes......

No comments:

Post a Comment